Bring out the box of chocolates and nibble on them as you read this week’s Valentine’s Day, amusing facts!
1. Almost 3% of pet owners (which are around 9 million people) prefer to give Valentine gifts to their pets, as they appear to be more grateful than humans.
2. Richard Cadbury introduced the first Valentine's Day box of chocolates in the 1800’s.
3. A survey claims that more than half of the women in America would dump their boyfriends if they did not get them a Valentine's Day gift.
4. 141 million Valentine's Day cards are exchanged worldwide.
5. 15% of American women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day, where 189 million stems of roses are sold on that specific day.
6. Forty percent of people feel negatively towards Valentine’s Day where a survey claims that 1 out of 10 young single adults feel lonelier, more insecure, and more depressed on that day.
7. About 8 billion conversation, candy hearts will be produced this year; that’s enough candy to stretch from Rome, Italy to Valentine, Arizona 20 times and back again.
8. Verona, Italy, receives around 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet (of Shakespeare) every Valentine's Day. This city is where Shakespeare's lovers Romeo and Juliet lived.
9. In Japan men receive more Valentine’s Day gifts than women as a result of a marketing campaign carried out by a famous chocolate manufacturer.
10. Alexander Graham Bell applied for his patent on the telephone, on Valentine's Day, in 1876