How often do you spend quality time with your spouse? Maybe you live together, work together or spend time together each day but how much actual quality time are you getting? Do you spend enough time every day talking? Do you share your dreams, thoughts and feelings like you once did when you first got together?
While many couples spend time together, most don't get the proper quality time that a relationship really needs. Marriage is all about taking and making the time to spend with your spouse. In the beginning of the relationship, this might be easier. However, as time goes on, it may become more difficult to make the time for one another.
This is why many couples drift apart over time. To maintain strength and longevity of the marriage, it's essential that you spend time together and that you make this time as quality as possible. This means more than just sitting around watching some TV together in the evening.
· Make time every day to spend with one another uninterrupted, even if it just a few minutes each day
· Run errands together- go shopping and chat or perform other errands together that you would normally do separately
· Take a shower together- it's fun, intimate and can help you draw closer together
· Do chores together- spend some time doing the housekeeping together. It gives you time to talk and enjoy one another's company
· Go for a walk- this is good exercise and a great way to get away from it all and just be with one another
· Prepare your meals together- take some time to make dinner together. Talk about your day, the meal, your past, memories this meal brings up and more.
While you may not be able to find more time in your day, you do need to learn to properly manage the time that you do have. If you try to find more time, you will spend forever looking and not achieving anything. Instead, you need to make use of the time that you have as much as possible.
Now that you know more about how to spend quality time with your spouse, you can evaluate your relationship today and begin taking the steps to have a closer relationship today. A close couple should always continue growing together and learning more about one another. Since you never stop growing as an individual, you should never stop growing closer as a couple. Spending quality time together will help you to do that.
Source EzineArticles.com By Lisa A Mason