Emirati graduates in the UAE prefer working in the private sector and seek a pay of up to AED27,000 for their first job, a new study has revealed.
A study by online recruiting firm Gulftalent.com found that 86% of Emirati male graduates and 66% of females prefer to work in the government sector after graduation, citing higher salaries and greater job security.
Multinationals were second in popularity, with UAE private sector firms being the last choice, preferred by just 4% of males and 10% of females, the report said.
The report, which was conducted in association with ten universities in the UAE, also found that Abu Dhabi investment vehicle Mubadala was the most popular working destination for new graduates, followed by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and Masdar.
Top 20 Most Popular Employers for Emirati Graduates
2. Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
4. Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC)
5. Abu Dhabi Executive Council
6. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA)
7. Emirates Airline
8. Abu Dhabi Media Zone Authority (twofour54)
9. Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA)
10. Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA)
11. Ministry of Presidential Affairs
12. Leo Burnett
13. Health Authority Abu Dhabi (HAAD)
14. Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC)
16. Environment Agency Abu Dhabi (EAD)
17. Al Ain City Municipality (AACM)
19. Dolphin Energy
20. Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
In terms of salary expectations, male Emiratis said they expected a salary of AED27,000 per month for a first time job, whereas women eyed a pay package of AED19,000.
The main characteristics of an employer deemed a priority by Emiratis included a challenging and interesting work environment (citied by 72% of graduates), good training and development (53% ) and a good public image and reputation (43%).
Source By Seban Scaria | The 971 Report